PBSA provides software, hardware and services that integrate physical and digital communications channels.
This PBSA Website Privacy Notice has legal force and effect in terms of the relevant and applicable legislation and regulations relating to Data and Privacy Protection.
Your privacy is important to PBSA. We are committed to respecting your privacy and the security and confidentiality of your personal data, communications and choices.
The purpose of this PBSA Website Privacy Notice is to inform visitors to the PBSA Website located at www.PBSA.co.za about how we treat your personal information and your rights in relation to PBSA Website privacy.
This PBSA Website Privacy Notice relates to the personal information collected electronically through the PBSA Website services through email or other electronic communications arising from the PBSA Website services. This includes personal information captured through the marketing of the PBSA Website or hardcopy information elicited as a result of PBSA Website activity.
1.4. The PBSA Website Service
The PBSA Website is provided as Software as a Service (SaaS).
PBSA voluntarily subscribes to the privacy principles provided by the relevant data protection legislation and regulations.
While various parties and technologies are involved in providing the PBSA Website's online presence, PBSA is the ultimate service provider, agency, processor and responsible party in relation to the use and protection of personal information.
1.5. Privacy Principles Subscribed to by PBSA
- Collection, collation, processing and disclosure of personal information;
- Processing limitation;
- Purpose specification;
- Further processing limitation;
- Record retention requirements;
- Limitation on disclosure;
- Third party disclosure of personal information;
- Destruction of personal information; and
- Exceptions for statistical purposes.
1.6. Technologies and Standards Deployed in Providing the PBSA Website Service
The following technologies are deployed in providing the PBSA Website service:
- Software as a service (SaaS) or software on demand, where a service provider (MakeWeb) licences an application such as web services (PBSA Website), to a customer (PBSA);
- Cloud Computing, a location independent form of computing, whereby shared servers provide resources, software, and data to computers. Information exists physically and often simultaneously in multiple forms in different locations and subject to the laws of different jurisdictions;
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL), a technology configured on the PBSA Website for when customers need to access or to provide personal, confidential information. SSL provides confidentiality and data integrity and protects against masquerading where payments are typically made online with the use of credit cards; and
1.7. Security of Personal Information Collected and Processed
Putting data that may impact upon privacy rights, obligations and personal status online through the use of cloud technologies may reduce the levels of protection of personal information as well as subject the data subject to the laws of other jurisdictions. Information protection is strongest when the information remains in the possession of the data subject as owner of the information. To comply with law and in line with international standards and best practice PBSA commits itself to exercising all reasonable diligence, care and skill in processing personal information.
1.8. Personal Information Collected and Processed
Personal Information PBSA collects from You. You provide us with personal information about yourself when you:
- Register or log in to your account
- Start, sign, or review an electronic document
- Create or edit your user profile
- Contact customer support
- Comment on our blogs or in community forums
Examples of the categories of personal information you provide are:
- Identifiers: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or electronic signature.
- Commercial information: billing information, products or services purchased.
- Geolocation: physical location
Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect personal information from you and your devices when you use our Services, even when you visit our sites or apps without logging in.
The categories of personal information we automatically collect includes:
- Device, Usage Information, and Transactional Data. We collect personal information about how you use our Services and the computers or other devices, you use to access our Services. Some examples include:
- IP address
- Precise geolocation information that you allow our apps to access (usually from your mobile device)
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information
PBSA further collects the following information:
- Information you choose to provide during registration;
- Information you provide us with when contracting online;
- Information you provide in communications such as email and when calling our customer support line;
- Information you provide to our business partners and service providers;
- Information about you such as your demographics and lifestyle from other sources;
- Information gained from third parties such as credit bureaus for credit referencing;
- Information collected through the use of common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons on our website and emails; and
- Two kinds of personal information are collected and processed technologically during your visit to the PBSA Website. Some information is transient and stored only for the purpose of current transactions such as payments and then deleted. Some information is persistent and stored for periods beyond the current transaction such as data from multiple transactions accumulated over time and retrieved when needed to enhance your PBSA Website experience and improve our service.
1.9. Uses and Sharing of Personal Information
PBSA uses the personal information you, as the user, provide us with in order to provide you with information about the goods we market on our PBSA Website and the related services we provide such as other goods and services provided by PBSA and its subsidiaries.
Personal information provided by you, as the user, is necessary for the conclusion of the online contracts of purchase and sale, for delivery and installation and the maintenance services we provide.
Unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent we do not share your personal information with third party marketers.
We will use the personal information you, as the user, provide to us only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it to us in the first place or with your further permission, for other purposes.
When we provide your personal information to other companies on a temporary basis in order for them to provide services to PBSA we require these other companies to protect your personal information in the same manner as PBSA does. These third party service providers, of which MakeWeb is one, cannot use personal information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it to PBSA.
In addition, the information you, as the user, provide us with is also used and shared with the following:
- Permanent or temporary staff and part-time contractors in the performance of their duties;
- Data collection and transfer to various parties such as contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and partners in the sourcing, supply, sales, delivery and installation of goods and provision of services;
- Other suppliers websites to which the PBSA Website may link;
- Data analysis and market research to provide a better service;
- Backup, archiving, business continuity and disaster recovery purposes;
- Information communication technology service and infrastructure providers that enable cloud technology and the free flow of information; and
- Routine and non-routine internal requests, including eDiscovery, court orders and law enforcement investigations.
You, as the user, have the right to make choices as to what is done with your personal information. Sometimes, your choices are made in the form of content such as online registration or opting in or opting out of receiving email or marketing material.
You have choices about whether you visit PBSA sites, install our apps, or provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services. For example, if you do not adopt an electronic signature, then you will not be able to sign certain electronic documents on our Service.
Once you have provided information to us and requested that we communicate with or market to you, you, as the user, may at any time thereafter choose to opt out of further contact with us.
Personal information provided by you is kept for as long as the purpose for which you furnished it to us exists or for the retention periods specified in law.
1.11. Access to Your Personal information
You, as the user, may access the personal information that we hold about you.
You can ask us to correct any errors or delete information we have about you.
To protect your privacy, the privacy of others and to ensure the integrity of our business information we may have to verify your identity before we allow access to or change the information that we have about you, as the user, unless one of the provided exclusions to data deletion is applicable.
Access to your personal information by PBSA' staff and third parties is limited and restricted by PBSA through training, administrative, technical and physical controls.
All access to your personal information must comply with PBSA' policy relating to the protection of personal information.
1.12. Important Information
PBSA has information and factors that are unique to its management of personally identifiable information and the free flow of information for trade. In order to provide security for online payments PBSA uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and certain forms of encryption to protect you, as the user, and your online transactions.
Notwithstanding the above, there are implications in terms of the specific legal requirements in all legal jurisdictions which may, depending upon the actual location of personal information as a result of cloud computing, be relevant or become relevant. PBSA seeks to comply with complex technical and legal issues wherever possible, but users should be aware, that international law and certain aspects of technology restrict our control.
As personal information is most safe, when under the control of its owners, you are cautioned to give careful consideration to the personal information you choose to disclose.
1.13. Limits on expectation of privacy
To comply with law and in line with international standards and best practice relating to the use of information technology in its business activities PBSA monitors and intercepts live communications such as email and website activity in compliance with the relevant and applicable regulations and legislation relating to the Interception of Communications.
Subject to the provisions of international privacy principles and where necessary and if required by law, PBSA will also access static data created, received, communicated and stored by PBSA as part of the PBSA Website service.
1.14. How to Complain
If you have a complaint, are concerned about your personal information or wish to report any malicious activity such as spamming, phishing and the like, please do the following:
- Contact our customer support centre on +27115169400; or
- Send an email to PBSA Support
1.15. PBSA Privacy Information Officer
PBSA has appointed a dedicated Privacy Information Officer who is responsible for the processing and protection of personal information.
In providing for your privacy, PBSA uses a combination of technical, administrative and physical controls based on compliance with the law and in line with international standards and best practice.
PBSA regularly reviews and enforces its own compliance with this PBSA Website Privacy Notice to ensure that our own conduct is in line with the privacy undertakings made to you.